4/12/10

Down days

Its cloudy outside, which seems to match me today.  


I hate feeling gloomy.

I've been lucky to have a lot of great days.  And I'm trying to be a happy person.

Who knew that sometimes being happy would take effort!


I think I need to count my blessings today.


  • I have a wonderful husband who loves me dearly, and I love him.
  • I have 3 gorgeous, smart, sweet children who call me mama.
  • I have fluffy animals around me, reminding me that God loves me.
  • I have a home to live in, clothes to wear, and food to eat.
  • I have a craft room in which I can create, imagine, and even nap!
  • I have a beautiful weeping willow tree in front of my house.

What do you do on gloomy days?



2 comments:

I am a mother! said...

I try and tell myself that it will pass...probably as soon as the sun comes out. If we lived by each other I'd say that we need to go for a walk in the sun when it decides to show it's face.

PS- Thanks for your last post. I have been dealing with some depression lately (wrote about it on my blog). It is a very real thing and it is a comfort to talk to understanding people about it and to know that your not alone.

Sheree said...

It depends. If it is a gloomy hormone induced depression, sometimes it is hard for me to even do the things that I know will make me happy.

But if I'm just down, I turn on the music. I always feel better with some good upbeat tunes. My favorite is "I Got the Sun in the Morning" from Annie Get your Gun. I don't know why I love it, probaby just because it got me through a rough time.